Friday, May 20, 2016

Sandy Ridge Trails

So it's been a few weeks but I took a trip up to Sandy Ridge here near Portland in April.  I did not know at all what to expect but had heard the trails were some of the "must do" trails in the area.

Since it's been a couple weeks I'll save a lot of the detail.  In short it's a 3.5mi road climb, paved.  This gets you up to the top of the trail system and a kiosk that is laid out nicely to give access to any of the trails up there.  There are a good variety from pretty hard stuff to easier flowier stuff.  The difficulty of any of it I rode was generally driven by how fast I was looking to go.

Since the trails were mostly downhill from the top, I dropped the seat on the Scalpel and gave it a rip.  The trails were super fun and being from Wisconsin pretty much like nothing I've had a chance to ride out there.  It's a bit like trails in Marquette, MI or Duluth but the sustained downhill is much longer making it a ton more fun.  I'm also in such awe of the trees and views out here, it's just so different from what we've been able to see locally.

Since it's been a couple weeks I'll hold off from uploading pics, gotta catch up on other things!

No comments:

Post a Comment