Tuesday, September 2, 2014

No more front derailleur!

So, I've now finally installed the narrow wide chainring up front on the scalpel, switching it to a 1x10.  It's a 32t, I've got 11-36 in the back.  Got a chance to ride it this weekend and it was good, just like I'd expected.  I never really shifted out of my big ring on my local trails anyway so while I'm now at 32t vs 38t before it should be pretty workable most places.



I did some cross training stuff, a sparticus workout I got online Saturday morning.  That pretty much shredded my legs, then rode on Monday morning.  I underestimated how sore I was from the workout and am paying for it now.  The good news is that I'll get stronger, the bad news is that it hurts.

I've been getting some pretty solid pedal strikes lately, found some wood in the pedal after the last ride and snapped a pic.


No comments:

Post a Comment