Friday, November 21, 2014

Busy work week, tubeless Dillinger 5's

I have had a busy work week this week with travel.  I always put good plans in place to bring workout stuff but then struggle to actually do it.  By the time there are dinners, meetings, and nights in the hotel where I can sleep kid-free it doesn't happen.  Bummed I didn't take the opportunity to work out when I have less external items.

I got home yesterday and finished up mounting the Dillinger 5's tubeless.  They are going to be fantastic.  I'd done the front one on Sunday and it was still holding pressure from Sunday (left it at 9, it was 6).  I am not sure it's 100% yet but we'll see if it holds.  Losing only 3psi in a week with no riding is probably fine.  I'm hoping that over time the sealant takes care of the rest.

What I did was gorilla tape like the youtube video here:




I did 4oz of sealant in the front, but after having a bit of issue there I did 6oz in the rear.  I'd rather over-do it than under.  Thinking about running 2oz in a normal 29er tire, doing 6oz in these giant tires seems like not that much. If the front doesn't get steady at a pressure I may pull the valve and add a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment