Monday, November 10, 2014

Friday's half day ride

I took a half day Friday to go ride one last time at the camp before it closes. It was fun to get out there even though weather wasn't awesome.  I guess it wasn't bad either, could've been wetter!

I got another damn flat, thank goodness I was within about 25 yards of the truck so I made it back.  I'm really happy I didn't get it out further on the trail, I hadn't brought any spares with me so I guess I lucked out. 

I'm not going to remount the Knard, I'm going to put the Dillinger 5's on and getting them set up tubeless.  I can say for sure once I put the knards back on next summer I'll be setting them up tubeless as well.  So over flat tires - I have ridden 1500+mi on my Scalpel tubeless and only one or two times I've burped, but in 115mi on the Yampa now I've had 3 flats.  Suck.

This is my favorite section of the trails out there at the camp:





An artsy fartsy shot:

And a shot down the trail from that bridge.  I got the flat right after stopping here.

No comments:

Post a Comment