Sunday, January 11, 2015

Quick Fat Camp loop in the loose snow

Had one of those days where it was just nice to get out, even if it's just for a little bit.  I did one loop at Fat Camp.  Snow was really loose, I aired way down but still had poor traction. 

I'm really struggling with keeping my head the right temp - in the snowboard helmet it is never cold but I'm sweating and I'd like to avoid that.  I think I'll sweat no matter what though.  I could wear my normal mtb helmet with a beanie under but I am just as sweaty in that.  I'm honestly pretty tempted to drill some more holes in the snowboard helmet for better airflow.  We'll see.

I can say, on singletrack I work pretty hard on the fatbike, I can easily dress the same as I do for 45 degrees outside as it's just a lot harder work and lower speed so there is a lot less evaporative cooling.

The Wolvhammer boots are insanely nice - I am super happy I bought them.  Feet have yet to be cold and they are very comfortable. 

For hands I've been wearing my summer gloves under my bar mitts from my old motorcycle, hands are usually sweaty with that setup.  I could probably go no gloves but I don't do that even in the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment