Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Holy smokes, only 2.5 weeks until Mt. Borah Epic!

Time has really gotten away from me, I have not done the training I was hoping to do, it's been a struggle to even get out once a week although I've been maintaining that lately at least. 

I did a ride Sat to/from the camp with 2 laps there.  It felt good and was nearly 40mi total.  Distance is coming easy, I'm feeling good, not crazy fast by any means but I do think I'm faster than I was last year at this time, maybe not able to maintain for long distance like I was but faster anyhow.

I am hoping to get some good rides here in the next couple weeks prior to the race, I know I'm not in peak shape but it will just be fun to get out to the CAMBA system and ride the trails a bit.  I am looking forward to getting back out there.  I am planning on doing the weekend from Duluth, we'll go there Friday then race Sat, then come back Sunday.  I'm tempted to take Monday off so I can ride more in Duluth when I'm there or spend more time with family, we'll see how that goes.

I would say for Grandma's Marathon weekend June 20th when I'm Duluth I'll be for sure bringing the scalpel and hope to ride while I'm there.  It will probably be a zoo on the trails but they are just so damn fun it's hard to skip an opportunity to ride up there.  I should try out Mission Creek as I haven't been there yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment