Saturday, February 7, 2015

Another ride at Baird

Did 3hrs today at Baird.  Prepping for the 906 Polar Roll in Marquette in 2 weeks.  I needed to get out and really ride for a while, reasonably hard without stopping much.  I did that pretty well.  I figured doing singletrack for 3hrs will be better training than just riding on something flat - rail trail, river, etc.

Trails were in great shape, we could definitely use more snow but they are good.  It is nice to have the studs (I've mentioned that before) and the bike handles really well.  I was happy to get 25mi in.  The race coming up is 35 miles but I'm not too worried about that, in reading the course description where there is some singletrack (maybe half?) there is enough snowmobile trail/road that the miles on average should be doable.  Not looking to break any records but looking forward to pushing hard.


No comments:

Post a Comment