Thursday, October 2, 2014

Another flat on the fatty

Got out for what I called a "therapy" ride yesterday, rode from downtown GB to Baird Creek, did a loop and back.  I ended up as I was on the east side flatting my rear tire again on the Yampa.  Sucked.

I'm not sure what the issue is yet, whether it's the hole I got in the WEMS race just resurfacing again, or if it's a new hole.  Either way, flats suck and I may be a bit spoiled from not having to deal with tubes on the scalpel for a long time.  I got my spare tube in after not being able to tell where the hole was, pumped up and rolled the rest of the trail and back.  The trails are in great shape, really fun except for the weeds and stuff that rip your arms up.

I did a couple segments faster than I ever have, even on the scalpel.  I think I'm learning to adapt to the yampa and use all the grip, that is nice.

After the ride, I headed home, did dinner and went to bed.  It felt good to have gotten out.  A great chance to simply tune out everything else and get some time to destress myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment