Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Baird after work

Got a chance to ride tonight at Baird after work, went well.  I brought the Scalpel.  It felt weird after riding the yampa so much lately.  Squishy, comfortable, and light.  It's the same weight basically as the yampa believe it or not but it rides so different. 

I felt pretty awful - not sure if I'm getting sick or what, but I felt super flat.  I didn't make it up a lot of the hills I normally get up fine.  Actually I can't remember the last time I didn't make it up a hill there.  I think there were 2-3 I walked on tonight.  Blasting the downhills is way more fun on the scalpel though.  It's so fun and fast.  Part of my issue could be the 1x10 setup with the 32x36, it was just a hair high for the amount of work I've been doing lately on the bike, I felt like I was just a hair low on cadence for smooth climbing.  Time to work my legs out more, that is probably a better solution than changing gearing or switching back to 2x.

No comments:

Post a Comment