Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Saturday's Ride - Kewaunee Cluster Huck

Just catching up on posts - I rode a big 30+ person group ride in Kewaunee, WI to learn the trails over there.  They called it the Cluster Huck.  It was a great time.

We started off on the trails at Ryan Park, they were the ones I did the fatbike race on and were in great shape.  I like those trails more and more, and they are more challenging than what is around Green Bay.  Short loop though, only 3-4mi I think.

The second loop was maybe called riverview? park?  It was trails around some moto trails, they were good but very tight and did not flow well.  I'm told if I ride there more I'll like it more but I didn't leave feeling like I was excited to head back there again.

Third was the trails at the ski hill - these were real fun with lots of uphill and then also lots of fun downhill sections.  Flow was very good to me on these trails and lots of fun.  Not so much crazy tight stuff.

We rode from trail to trail for something around 16mi total.  I rode them all on the Yampa, it was great as usual.  I really like the bike a lot and it's nice and fast.  I however am NOT nice and fast, I was pretty slow and tired for a lot of the day compared to where I'd like to be.  Not so much on any technical skills this time but my gas tank is very small currently and my legs get tired fast.  I'm a long way off from the endurance I had back in June when I did the Lutsen 99er.


No comments:

Post a Comment