Thursday, August 21, 2014

Aly's riding a bike

So, this isn't about me riding but I'm proud.  My daughter Aly who is 2yrs 8mos is now riding a pedal bike.  She started on the strider, now is pretty much able to bike on her own, at least for 3-4 houses down the street.

It's been fun to watch her learn compared to Noah.  Noah started a bit later and was on 100% gravel on the strider.  Much tougher.  I remember his first bike ride and it was actually on an atv trail.  He has been biking all over now since then.

Aly started on gravel (very roughly) early last year basically just walking with the strider inbetween her legs at a year and a half, but then now as we've moved to Green Bay she's on pavement.  She's become great on the strider and as Noah moved to his 16" bike Aly got some pink grips and streamers for his old bike and has been trying since.  She didn't quite take off on it right away like Noah did but i'd say after about a month now we're rockin on the bike.  Enough so that I can almost ride along with her and Noah.  I can ride along if she's on the strider, but not on the pedal bike yet.

Fun stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment