Friday, August 15, 2014

Back on the Scalpel

Good ride this morning before work, did the same loop as Wednesday.  Here's a shot from near the finish.

Fun to get back on the "fast" bike and ride.  I don't feel at my best, not sure if it's because it's like 5 am and I haven't eaten/warmed up when I ride that early, or maybe it's the time off the bike since the 100.  Either way, I feel a bit rough.  I've decided to work on speed this second half of the season where I can and I'm happy to say that I did a new PR on the loop, about 2min faster than my prior PR from earlier in the season.  I haven't had a full good lap yet and I know I can do a lot of things better to get faster.

It's not just about speed, I have to remember that and just have fun.  I want to be faster, no doubt about that, but I think I'd have a more fun ride if I just relax and maybe focus on a few things per ride rather than focusing on speed over a 10mi loop.  That can be pretty deceiving, considering I could just hammer harder on the easy stuff, or maybe I'm really faster on the hard stuff.  Anyhow, I have a couple parts of the trail that I want to drop a minute or two off of my times through them, I think that will be the focus now for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment